The Department of Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, and Statistics at Case Western Reserve University is an active center for mathematical and statistical research. Faculty members conduct research in algebra, analysis, applied mathematics, asymptotic statistics, Bayesian statistics, convexity, dynamical systems, geometry, imaging, inverse problems, life sciences applications, mathematical biology, modeling, numerical analysis, probability, scientific computing, spatial statistics, stochastic systems, and other areas.
Academic Year 2022-23 MAMS Graduate Award Winners
The Department Chair, Dr. Weihong Guo, the faculty, and the staff would like to congratulate the MAMS 22-23 Academic Year High Honor recipients. The student award winners all demonstrated service, leadership, and scholarship. Mercy Amankwah wins The 2023 SIAM Student Chapter Certificate of Recognition. Mercy was instrumental in establishing a SIAM...
DataFest back at CWRU
After a few years of pandemic hiatus, the ASA DataFest was back at CWRU during the weekend of April 14 -16, 2023. This year the event was co-sponsored by the MAMS Department and the Department of Computer and Data Sciences. DataFest is a nationally-coordinated data analysis competition supported by the...
Paula FitzGibbon awarded the J. Bruce Jackson, MD, Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Mentoring
MAMS department Statistics lecturer Paula FitzGibbon was selected as a 2023 recipient of the J. Bruce Jackson, MD, Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Mentoring. This award recognizes the positive impact Case Western Reserve University faculty and staff have on the lives of students. It was established by J. Bruce...
Dr. Calvetti is a member of the 2023 Class of SIAM Fellows
On March 30, 2023, SIAM the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics announced that Daniela Calvetti, Williamson Professor in the Department of Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, and Statistics at Case Western Reserve University is a member of the 2023 Class of SIAM Fellows. These distinguished members were nominated for their...
The Department is accepting PhD and MS applications for 2023! For full consideration, applications should be submitted by the following deadlines:
Fall 2023: BS/MS- March 1, 2023
MS Priority – March 1, 2023
PhD Priority – January 15, 2023
MS & PhD Final – June 30, 2023
For additional information, please visit the admissions page or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Academic Year 2022-23 Math, Applied Math and Statistics Undergraduate Award Winners
- MAMS undergraduate students win big at the MAA Ohio Spring Meeting
- Dr. Mondal explains what makes a driver high-risk on WalletHub.com
- Professors Calvetti and Somersalo gave a mini tutorial at the SIAM CSE 2023 conference
- MAMS undergraduate alumnus publishes in the Journal Inverse Problems
- Dr. Elisabeth Werner is invited to give lectures at a conference on Harmonic Analysis and Convex Geometry
- MAMS faculty, Dr. David Guarie, publishes in Science Advances
- MAMS undergraduate alumnus publishes in the Journal of Mathematical Biology
- MAMS Faculty, Dr. Peter Thomas, was on Cleveland 19 news explaining mega millions jackpot odds